Messebo Corporate Citizenship
MessebMessebo Cement Factory, by virtue of the mission of its corporate head
quarters EFFORT, is among the ones who are playing a great role in the
socio-economic development of the regional state of Tigray in particular
and the nation in general. Messebo Cement Factory always strives to
supply best quality cement products with fair price and is supporting the ever
increasing national construction industry. As the construction industry serves
as a foundation for development of a nation, Messebo Cement Factory believes
that it provides the foundation for development of the nation through its
products. This is how Messebo keeps its good corporate citizenship.
Messebo has Built a new school
In line with the EFFORT programs in public
infrastructure and socio-economic supports, Messebo Cement Factory is
participating intensely to integrate itself with the society. Before two years
or so, the factory built a new school with ETB 17 million in Latchi village
about 5 km away from Messebo Cement Factory towards Mekelle city.
The Factory built this secondary school with full equipment for the benefit of
the community. But the community has also big responsibility in keeping up the
school a modern school. You have to work hard to make the school a model. This
school is communal property which the residences can use it properly. However,
you have to take care of the school as your personal property. This is the place
where your children are shaped and it is this place which makes your children
knowledgeable so that they could help their nation in the process of
- Messebo Cement
Factory has donated 600 quintal of Cement and ETB 180,000 for learning
equipment of Mariam Dahan Primary School.
- It has donated cement ranging from 20-120 quintal to some zonal administration offices
- It rebuilds a school at kebele three, Aider Wereda
- For Building of Wajirat Secondary School 1850 quintal is given.
- EdagaHamus Secondary School has been given 50 quintal of cement for refurbishment.
- Has built full secondary school in Mekele amounting to ETB 12 million is on progress and ETB 3.5 million was allocated in the budget year of 2009-10
- Has funded preparatory school with ETB 4.5 million and currently 1.5 million Birr is already disbursed
- Has supported for Wajirat union of youths on bee farming with ETB 200,000
- Has building Primary school in EndertaWereda located around Akheza with ETB 450,000
- Has built waterwheel with ETB 750,000 in Mariam Dahan village
- Has built water well around Wajirat with ETB 500,000
- Has provided students at Mariam Dahan with school uniform